Saturday, December 17, 2011

Can you suggest a period in time for me?

Basically, I enjoy Doll's houses and furnishing them, my Dad has bought new one for my birthday, and said it looks old, like victorian old.


The thing is, as it's victorian looking it's pretty versatile to do, but victorian accessories are super expensive.





Can you think of any other periods in time that are similar to Victorian, but not too modern that I could base the whole house on?|||The 20's, more ornate than now, but not as much as the Victoria Era and with things like telephones, radios, cars. I don't know how much of that you'd have in a doll house.|||Well something to think about is the fact that victorian mansions are still around today. I used to live in a victorian mansion that had been converted to apartments. The place hadn't been updated since the 70's either (this was early 2000's when I was living there). For some reason though, the decor fit. In my own apartment, I had it set up looking like it was out of the 40's. Again, it really fit.





Victorian buildings are extremely versatile. You could get really really creative with this and do whatever you like.|||Maybe you could do it as a creepy, abandoned Victorian. That way you could get the lesser quality Victorian furnishings and use antiquing techniques to make them look neglected.|||Georgian and Edwardian eras preceded and succeeded the Victorian era. They are similar enough|||Colonial era had Victorian influence.|||AMERICAN TRAILER TRASH CONTEMPERY





was the cheapest|||The Gilded Age: 1880-1929

No comments:

Post a Comment