Saturday, December 17, 2011

Why is my pregnancy test positive but my period started last night?

I am 9 days late.I write down my dates in my journal but March is not written down.so,My nurse said to base it on my last cycle which was feb.14th .I took the 1st test yesterday evening and it was negative.I decided to take the second test an hour later.It WAS POSITIVE. I woke up 3 am with lower back pains.went to potty and I started my period.Can I pee on another test although I am bleeding?|||Well, it sounds like you took a couple of tests and got different results each time. There is a possibility that a test can have a false negative or false positive. It seems like you need to do another one. I think you can take a test while your bleeding - I'm guessing the test looks for certain pregnancy hormones to trigger the response. You could be having a miscarriage as well - something to think about. Or you could just be having your period. I say take a few more tests though because some women have had periods throughout their pregnancy and that's the reason they didn't even know they WERE pregnant. Better to be safe than sorry. Do the test as many times as you need to until you are sure enough to schedule or not schedule an ob/gyne appointment.|||The false positive rate on pregnancy tests is really low, so if you got a positive result and used the test correctly (i.e. you didn't read it after the time interval in the directions), it seems pretty likely that you are pregnant.





Bleeding in early pregnancy is not always a sign of miscarriage, but it can be. It's time to go get checked out by a doctor.|||Could be a false positive or you are bleeding while pregnant, not uncommon. Wait a week and test again, or go to the doctor.|||you spot when your pregnant. so you may be pr pregnant but then again it could be a false positive since the first one did turn out negative. if it is heavy like a normal period then you are not pregnant. but if it is light, you are prolly pregnant. but don't worry that your nine days late because when you have sex it can delay your period.

No comments:

Post a Comment