Thursday, December 15, 2011

What time period is Edward Scissorhands based in?

I thought it would be the 1950's but im not sure.|||I think the idea is to not set exactly a time period, but rather the attitude or feel of them. In that context, the mansion, castle or whatever where Edward's Father lived could have come straight from the 1800's, but the main thing is to emphasize the contrast between Edward's procedence and the suburban environment he is "transplanted" to, perhaps to make us notice how odd this character is immerse in a... (ahem!) normal neighborhood, or rather, one that stereotypically represents the values of such a place.


(Breath)|||Thanx. I loved the movie and I loved this q. :)

Report Abuse


|||I think it's based on around the 90s. I'm almost entirely sure. Hope I helped. : )|||Some of it was filmed where I live in Lakeland Florida, at the Southgate shopping plaza.|||I think it's more like the 70's, but it could have even been in the 90's, just in a cheery suburb.|||They never say but I would guess the 70's|||in curent time that the movie was made in .. thats what my dad said





%26lt;3

No comments:

Post a Comment