Thursday, December 15, 2011

Does a period every month necessarily mean your reproductive system is healthy?

I get my period every month, every 29 days to the day! I have been able to get pregnant once (and give birth), so I was pretty positive that I ovulated regularly. Except I'm not so sure anymore since it seems like every other month I'm dealing with painful ovarian cysts. So my question is, can we REALLY base fertility off of a healthy menstrual cycle? I would love to get pregnant and give birth to a rainbow baby in the future, but I seem to be having lots of issues despite the fact that I get a regular period every month.|||You answered your own question. You have a perfectly normal cycle, but you also have cysts. Cysts can inhibit pregnancy and lower chances of fertility. So no, periods every month do not necessarily guarantee a perfectly healthy reproductive system. Wish it did though!|||not necessarily. fertility has to do with several factors (including weight, blood type, health, age, etc.). having a period pretty much just means you didnt get pregnant that month. my cousin, for example, can no longer have children but still has a normal period every month. getting pregnant doesnt just involve the womans health. the mans sperm has to be healthy enough for the egg to accept it. if you want to know how fertile you are schedule an appointment for a fertility screening with your ob-gyn.|||A regular menstrual period is only an indication of what's going on inside. If it's off or irregular, that's a good sign that something might be wrong, but you said it yourself. You have a regular period, but you have ovarian cysts. So clearly having a regular period is not a perfect indicator.|||No, not at all. I'd say most women who are infertile continue to get a monthly period.





What's a rainbow baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment