Thursday, December 15, 2011

I want to do a Picasso-themed bedroom based on his blue period portraits. Need some advice.?

I want to do a room with a Picasso-blue-period theme. What color blue paint should I use for the walls? Should it be a lighter shade than the blue in his portraits?|||From what I can see of Picasso's blue period paintings, the predominant color is ultraviolet blue with prussian blue. I can't tell you how to do your walls, but would suggest looking at the entire blue period collection. I have provided many links for your perusal. Beware, a lot of darker blues in a room will tend to make it a depressing place to be. It is, however, easy to balance this by using yellow or gold accents to bring light into the scheme. In any case, enjoy your experiment.|||That seems to be a totally personal choice, right?





I'd use a slightly lighter shade of blue, but that would be for me.





And I hope you're not including "emaciated, forlorn figures" in your theme... might get you down! It would me...





To look at some pics and get info, try:





http://www.tamu.edu/mocl/picas|||I'd actually go for a very slightly darker blue than the paintings for the wall colour, then they will stand out more if you choose to display any prints of them, and you will appreciate the tonal qualities in them more.


I love dark blue, and find it very comforting and not at all depressing, but one of its main properties is that is it sets off really well some of the fiery colours like terracotta reds and oranges if you use them sparingly as a contrast. You could maybe bring in a bit of warmth with some soft furnishings, rugs, duvet cover, cushions etc. in these contrasting colours.


Also a darker blue is very practical as you don't have to repaint it so often!


Just my thoughts...........|||my room is a slightly darker blue...i changing it this fall. I have had the sun %26amp; moon theme for 5 years...and i want a diff theme. I think you should do a light blue or you could paint one wall dark blue and then the rest of the walls a slight light dark blue.|||I LOVE HIS BLUE PERIOD!!!! Choose one blue color for the walls and bedding and window treatments and then the prints would stand out more. You can add different blues for candles, pillow accents, lamps, etc. Congratulations on coming up for such an awesome decorating theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment