Sunday, December 4, 2011

Unemployment question: Base period and alternate quarter?

I worked for a company from March til the end of August. For the first couple of months I only worked part time due to my school schedule, but from May to August I worked full time. They let me go in August and I filed for unemployment. I did not qualify because apparently I earned less than $1600 in one of the calendar quarters.





My payment history is as follow: Basic Quarter 01/01-03/31 - $1200


04/01-06/30- $6,030





Since I filed in mid August, they did not take into consideration the most recent quarter in which I worked, which i had hoped would make a difference.





My question is: If I decide to use the Alternate Period, will that change my eligibility?


Is there anything at all I can do to be eligible? I really do need this money.





Thanks|||All you can do is apply again if you are still unemployed. Since it is now the fourth quarter, your work in the second quarter should be used to determine your eligibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment