Sunday, December 4, 2011

How did I get denied unemployment due to insufficient base period wages?

Michigan.





I got denied unemployment due to insufficient base period wages. The base period was 04/01/2010-03/31/2011.





I worked at my job from August of last year to May of this year and made over $8000. I also worked at another job from April of last year to September of last year and made about $1000. How is this insufficient?





I think they made an error because on my claim information form it lists my employers and has "Base Period Wages" at Zero for all of them, even though at the top it says Total Wages: $8294.00.





It says on the Michigan claim site that either (a) one quarter in your base period must have wages of at least $1,998; AND (b) total wages for all four quarters must equal at least one and a half times the highest amount of wages paid in any quarter of the base period. I easily fit this. I don't understand. Should I protest it?|||I remember last time I was denied unemployment.. I had worked for years at my job, and got laid off because of the bad economy. When I went to collect unemployment, I was ineligable because the company I worked for did not pay into unemployment. Some companies don't, as long as they pay their taxes the govt doesnt seem to care. If you had a high paying job, or maybe an under the table one, it's possible the companies you worked for don't have unemployment funds.





Easiest way to find out is to call unemployment again, talk to a representative and ask for specifics on why you were'nt eligable.|||Go to the unemployment office on Tuesday and ask them to explain. Maybe they did make a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment